Saturday, March 29, 2008

John the Airplane Boy

John did a science project on . . . airplanes. Paper airplanes, to be exact.

He made several designs and then tested how long each one flew, on average. Each plane got six throws, and we dropped the shortest time, averaging the best five times.

Check out the pictures to see the clever designs. How long did they fly? 15 seconds? 20 seconds? Longer? Nope, the longest recorded flight was 9 seconds. But, it was good fun.

The Falcon

John's own design

1 comments:

tforsberg14 said...

Good work John. I remember making plenty of those during my classes in junior high. I never measured them for time because accuracy was my main goal. I would see how many throws it took to land one in my teacher's hair! Just joking...don't try that. Good work on the project. It looks like you did well and had a good time.